BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 23, 2011

Halloween

I know this post won't make me the popular girl in blogworld...but I just have to say something.  It has been eating away at me.  Most of the authors of the blogs that I read, claim that they are Christians.  If so, then how can you, in good conscious, promote this evil pagan holiday?  There is nothing, nothing at all Godly about this Holiday...just the opposite, it is saying that all things evil and vile are worthy of being worshipped.  My God tells me to have no other Gods before him.  He is a very jealous God.  Yes, I love to decorate and have fun just as much as anyone, but this is one Holiday I just can't get behind.  I look forward to Thanksgiving....now there's some pumpkins I can get into!

1 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

This is indeed a hot button topic. :)
As I child I grew up celebrating halloween in school, at the annual church carnival, etc. It was not until I was in my late 20's, with a family of my own, that I learned of the origins of the day. I imagine that this would hold true with most Americans.
As someone who loves to study religion for deeper understanding it was a shock to learn that ALL of the holidays, including those that Christian's treasure, were set up by the early Catholic church to coincide and therefore end Pagan holiday celebrations.
Most people realize that Jesus probably wasn't born on December 25th but they have no idea why we celebrate then.
I would like to believe that most people are just uneducated in this area.
Anything that I feel passionate about I study as much as I can, pray about it and then ask the Lord to help me write something that will reach peoples hearts. Perhaps He is gently whispering to you.